Course name: Accident Investigation
Purpose of Course: Provide Supervisors with an insight to the benefits of conducting Accident Investigations and an introduction to the mythologies utilized to assess hazards.
Length of Course: 1 day, 7 Hours
Class Time: 8 am to 4 pm
Lunch/Breaks: 2 x 15 min breaks, and 60 min for lunch
Activities in the course: Presentation
Students should be prepared to:
- Explain the difference between an Accident and Incident.
- Explain the reasons for reporting accidents and conducting investigations.
- Recognize the causes of accidents
- Recommend corrective actions to prevent future incidents
- Prepare for and conduct investigations
- Develop preventative strategies
- Prepare reports
Course applications in real life:
This workshop will provide you with information at an awareness level. Its primary purpose is to assist you with reporting accidents and with conducting investigations to prevent future recurrences.
Industry application in real life (types of industries/jobs where this training is used):
All industries are subject to accidents in the workplace and by completing an investigation identifying the causes, future accidents can be eliminated.
Benefits of training:
Reduction of incidents/accidents correcting the cause and implementing corrective actions.
The course material can be modified to address specific workplace conditions.