Ground Disturbance Level II ® is the industry standard for any party that is supervising or independently performing a ground disturbance, or issuing and receiving ground disturbance permits. The course ensures that Level II ® personnel fully understand all of the regulations and variances involved from pre-planning to the actual dig.
This classroom program assessed to ABCGA Standard 201 Ground Disturbance – Supervisory and endorsed by the ABCGA.
As part of this training, students will learn:
- How to clarify sources when searching for underground facilities
- How to provide and receive notification for facility owners
- What the necessary approvals/crossing agreement and regulations are for creating a ground disturbance
- How to create a site drawing or plot plan
- How line-locating works and types of exposure
- How to do a back-fill inspection
- How to use permits and conduct pre-job meetings
- How to create emergency response plans and what to do if an underground facility is contacted
photo used with permission from carbon earthworks ltd