Purpose of Course: Provide an insight to the benefits of conducting Hazard Assessments and an introduction to the methodologies utilized to assess hazards.
Length of Course: 1 day (6 hours); Theory-Based Course
Class Time: 8 am to 3 pm 2 x 15 min Breaks 60 min- Lunch Break
Topics to be discussed:
- Understand the benefits and available tools in order to provide the knowledge to conduct hazard assessments.
- Explain the purpose of hazard assessments.
- Recognize hazards in your work area.
- Identify key steps in conducting a hazard assessment.
- Apply some basic control measures.
Identify workplace hazards and implement controls.
Industry application: (Types of industries/jobs where this training is used)
All industries are subject to hazards in the workplace
Benefits of training:
Reduction of incidents/accidents involving workplace hazards.
The course material can be modified to address specific workplace hazards.