Federal Hours of Service and Fatigue Management
This course takes approximately 4 hours to complete depending on the needs of the company and/or driver(s). Upon successful completion of this course the employee is issued a training certificate valid for 3 years. This course is geared towards drivers that will be traveling outside of Alberta.
At certain times of the year courses fill quickly and it is recommended to pre-book a minimum of 1 week in advance of the expected course date.
- Sleeper Berth Usage by Teams and Single drivers
- Fatigue and the Human Biological Clock
- Recognizing Fatigue
- Emergency and Adverse Driving Conditions
- Interpretation and Definitions
- Radius Record Requirements
- Responsibilities of Motor Carriers, Shippers, Consignees, and Others
- Monitoring of Driver’s Compliance by Motor Carriers
- Responsibilities of driver’s safety officers, dispatchers, and managers
- Carrier’s policies/procedures that may be beyond regulatory requirements.
- Required Off-Duty Time
- Enforcement (on road and administrative)
- Limitations on Driving and On-duty times
- Scheduling and dispatching
- Cycles, if applicable
- Carrier internal monitoring to determine if the programs are effective.
- Daily Log Requirements