The H2S Alive Blended Renewal includes a three-hour online theory component completed online on the Energy Safety Canada website, and a 30-minute skills assessment delivered by a Certified Assessor at an Authorized Training Provider.
This H2S Alive Course by Energy Safety Canada is designed to prepare workers to recognize H2S (hydrogen sulfide) hazards and protect themselves.
- Current (not expired) H2S Alive certificate
- Government-issued picture ID
Step One: Register Online on the Energy Safety Canada website for the H2S Alive Blended Renewal
Step Two: Complete the Online 3 Hour Theory Component (achieving a minimum score of 70%). Upon successful completion, proceed to Step 3.
Step Three: Check Our Calendar For Upcoming Dates and Contact Us To Book Your Skills Assessment
***Please have your Energy Safety Canada ID Number ready when you are booking, we need it to verify the completion of the online theory portion.
- H2S Properties
- Health Hazards and Locations
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
- Students must complete all elements of the blended learning in full. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed
- Only students with a current H2S Alive certificate may register for the H2S Alive Blended Renewal.
- Registration does not extend the current certificate.
- Participants must be able to put on a mask and breathe under air.
- Participants must be able to participate in rescue drag techniques.
- For the skills assessment, students should wear sturdy footwear and clothing compatible with the activity and movement associated with rescue techniques and donning/doffing of an SCBA.
- Basic literacy and understanding in the language the course is being taught is required.
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.
- After completing the online portion, students have 90 days to complete the skills assessment through an ATP in order to be certified.
Upon successful completion of the online theory exam with a minimum score of 70%, students will be eligible to complete the skills assessment through an Authorized Training Provider. Successful completion of the skills assessment will result in a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. Should a student be unsuccessful in either the online theory or skills assessment on the first attempt, they will be required to attend classroom delivery of H2S Alive to achieve their certification.