This comprehensive 2 day fall protection course was developed in conjunction with CAOEC (Canadian Association of Energy Contractors). Designed to educate workers in the planning, use, care and implementation of fall protection systems for drilling and service rigs, it includes both theory and practical application exercises. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components.
Upon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire. NOTE: This course is a prerequisite for Fall Rescue for Rig Work.
*** We offer this course on an as needed basis. If you would like to be added to the wait list to be notified of upcoming dates please contact us.
Workers and other personnel involved in drilling and service rigs.
- Basic concepts and elements of fall protection
- Equipment inspection and care
- Body support devices – harness
- Connecting components and devices
- Double-leg lanyards and work positioning
- Cable ladder climbing systems
- Vertical rope lifelines (VRLs)
- Horizontal lifelines (HLLs)
- Self-retracting lifelines (SRLs)
- Hands-on training that includes:
Climbing to height using fall protection equipment
Work positioning, anchorage connection
Transfer between fall protection systems
- Approved hard hat with chin strap
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- CSA Approved safety toe footwear
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Full length pants (no shorts)