This Forklift Safety Training program meets the requirements for CSA Standard B335-04 Safety Standard for lift trucks. Upon successful completion students are issued a certificate of training valid for 3 years.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR CALENDARS & UPCOMING DATES
This is a 1 day course taking approximately 8 hours to complete. The morning is classroom based instruction covering the following topics:
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Truck Components/Operating Controls
- Characteristics of Forklifts
- Safe Handling/Operating Procedures
- Stability triangle / trapezoid.
- Center of Gravity of the load and truck.
- Capacity of Industrial Forklifts, data plates (reading & understanding)
- Specific hazards & controls when driving an Industrial Forklift.
- How to respond to an emergency situation involving an Industrial Forklift Truck.
The practical examination will take place in the afternoon. Students must complete a proper pre-use inspection and a driving evaluation.
Note: Course starts at 8:00 a.m. sharp. Students who are late may be refused admission. Coveralls, safety glasses, hardhat, gloves and steel-toed boots are required for the practical portion of this course. The practical exam takes place outdoors, please dress appropriately for the weather.